16th July to 17th July at The Historic Dockyard Chatham
The 2022 Medway Gaming and Creative Festival will take place at The Historic Dockyard Chatham on Saturday, 16 and Sunday, 17 July.
The Medway Gaming and Creative Festival is a celebration of video games, gaming culture and creativity, set within the unique historic environment of Medway’s former Royal Navy Dockyard and against a backdrop of real-life battleships, including HMS Cavalier of World of Warships fame.
The Festival has something to appeal to every gamer, from pro to novice, and will showcase talent, art, creativity and culture, uniting players for a weekend of entertainment. Visitors to the 2-day festival will be able to watch, play and learn about games; meet special guests; join competitions; experience new and retro gaming; as well as enjoying fun, interactive exhibits such as Robot Wars and Cosplay masquerade.
The Festival is being supported by organisations across Medway and programming for the weekend is underway. The final programme will follow in coming weeks and highlights already in place include:
- Huge interactive gaming areas: across the festival site including vast gaming halls, competitions, esports, retro gaming, modern, kids and virtual reality zones
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Hall: from local Universities, Colleges, Military and local businesses, showcasing how STEM will define our futures in fun and inspiring ways
- Military Show: from across the armed forces, with interactive content that highlights the incredible work of the forces and the links technology used in the modern Forces has with the Gaming industry
- Creating Games Exhibition: New games, technology and experiences being created by students from publishers, and students, for those wanting to learn more about the gaming and digital industry, as well as Medway’s four universities and MidKent College showcasing what they have to offer to our aspiring young people.
- Creative Arts Exhibition: Local artists creating new art pieces for the show and interactive stands including many local partners
Day tickets cost £16 for an adult and £10 for a child.
The ticket will give full access to all elements of the Medway Gaming and Creative Festival for one day, as well as selected galleries within The Historic Dockyard Chatham. Please note HMS Cavalier, HMS Gannet, HM Submarine Ocelot and The Ropery will be closed during the festival.
Tickets are available in advance only. There will not be a ticket allocation available on the day(s) of the festival.
This is a separately ticketed event and Historic Dockyard Annual Passes are not valid for this weekend.
This is an important fundraising event in aid of Chatham Historic Dockyard Trust.