A collection of 100 beautiful ornamental cherry trees, set in the heart of the Garden of England
A unique charity, which supports the nation’s largest collection of fruit trees, is creating a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity for the public and business community to take part in a very special initiative. Brogdale Collection’s Cherry Blossom project will create a stunning ornamental orchard in a tranquil and beautiful space, containing a selection of 100 ornamental species.
To create the Blossom Orchard – Brogdale Collections is offering 100 sponsorship opportunities for individuals or corporates to fund an ornamental (non-fruit bearing) cherry tree and help make this dream a reality.
At a time when people are being encouraged to plant trees as part of the ‘Queen’s Tree-bilee’ – this initiative is also a wonderful way to commemorate the Jubilee and play a part in reducing our nation’s carbon footprint.
Tony Hillier, trustee at Brogdale Collections, says: “Our Cherry Blossom Orchard project is a wonderful opportunity for people to support and invest in an important and much-loved local charity and create a unique space in Kent for people to enjoy for years to come. This timely initiative acknowledges the sadness and uncertainty of current times by creating a very special place for people to enjoy in the future. Somewhere that celebrates growth, beauty, nature and peace.”
Set in the heart of the Garden of England, alongside orchards containing the National Fruit Collection – the world’s largest collection of temperate fruits – the Cherry Blossom Orchard will complement the existing fruit trees at this unique venue which preserves and protects the nation’s fruit trees from across the ages and continents.
Sponsoring a tree is an ideal way to offset carbon footprints and help nurture the beauty and wildlife of this part of Kent. Sponsorship will also help this important charity continue to carry out its objectives of keeping the nation’s fruit collections accessible to the public for education and enjoyment.
There are many reasons why people may wish to sponsor one of these trees:
- To commemorate the life of a loved one or valued colleague
- As a memorable gift for a birth, birthday, wedding or anniversary
- To offset carbon footprints and help create a tranquil and rural haven
- To mark a milestone
The sponsorship package costs £1,000 and lasts five years to allow time for the ornamental trees to mature. It includes:
- Planting of one ornamental cherry tree selected from the 100 available with a personal plaque
- Access to the Cherry Blossom Orchard during existing opening hours with valid orchard passes
- Free Orchard Passes for up to ten people for the term of the sponsorship (5 years)
- Updates on the progress of the orchard throughout the year
- The option for businesses to display the Cherry Blossom Orchard logo on their website to demonstrate carbon offsetting
- A beautifully presented Supporters’ Pack including a folder, certificate and passes
- It is also possible to sponsor a commemorative bench – one off cost of £500